Readers like short posts. I’m going to time myself. It usually takes 2 hours at a minimum to do a post. It’s 10:07.
- Bulk process pictures as you take them. I label them SFW to distinguish them from others. They are saved at #3 Quality in Photoshop so they don’t take long to load.
- Don’t use too many pictures, or use captions and put them in a gallery. I like the slide show the best. The pictures are a nice size.
- Write about the picture. PG like to help cook. Sometimes I drop things on the floor.
- Don’t over think it. (Good advice, Marsha, now just take it!)
- Add tags and categories
- Add a poll to see if your readers like your post. Most of them will write comments instead, but at least you are offering an easy way for people to interact.
- Tell your readers they are important. They are! I adore my readers, so many have become really good friends. Those close friends who read my blog at home make me feel even closer to them.
It’s 10:20, and I’m going to press publish. If it doesn’t like my grammar, it will take me a little longer, but this is a record fast post for me. How do you think I did?