I enjoy photo challenges because they always make me think. I don’t usually think about themes. I was surprised this morning when I was reading Russel Ray’s site that anyone could come up with enough pictures of chimneys, let alone the idea that the chimneys were Santa-unfriendly chimneys, and therefore the cause of undelivered gifts in Southern California. I am surprised at the creative thinking of others.
Being basically self-centered my first thought was, when have I ever been surprised. Of course I’ve had surprise parties, but that’s a little too self-centered even for me! So I just started scouting. And I found a mutual surprise. He was as surprised seeing me as I was seeing him hiding in the trees.
I wanted to at least get my feet wet, so V waited for me while I ran down to get in the warm water for a few minutes.
When I got up close, we were talking for a minute when I glanced over, and poof, this guy had sprung up out of nowhere, and looked like he had been comfortably ensconced for a lifetime. I was surprised I hadn’t noticed him before in his bright red hammock. Who misses red stuff???
He seemed not to notice me, but I had to ask if I could take his picture. He was surprised, too!
Here are some more blogs to check out so you can also be surprised at the creativity of others.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | Patricia Drury
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « janna hill
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | Simply Charming
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise! | ranDom muZings
- Weekly photo challenge: Surprise « Leanne’s delicious food and travel adventures
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise No. 1 « KnowledgeKnut
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise No. 2 « KnowledgeKnut
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise No. 3 « KnowledgeKnut
- A Whale of a Surprise | The Wanderlust Gene
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | LooknWalk
- Surprise? Surprise! | Empire of Lights
- Peace, Love, Joy | Ron Mayhew Photography
- WPC: Surprise | eljaygee
- WordPress Photo Challenge: Surprise! « right in front of me
- Another post of ‘Surprise’ birthday | Bams’ Blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Surprise! « Cheryl Andrews
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « To Mother Earth, with Love
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | En snögummas tankar om livet
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « Try 2B cool ‘n smart…
- Surprise « Stray Thoughts
- Weekly photo challenge: surprise | Cloud and Mountain
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Christmas Surprise Triage at Grandma’s | Humbled Pie
- Winter Wonderland « Rainbow Bakery
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise! | IsobelandCat’s Blog
- WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: SURPRISE « Nam Writes.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « My Tropical Home
- WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: SURPRISE « Francine In Retirement
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | Eat, travel, photograph
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | belgradestreets
Lantern Post http://lanternpost2012.wordpress.com/ Daniela will break your heat and inspire you at the same time. Although she a native of Zagreb, (Croatia), she writes with a simple, honest elegance in English that few native writers ever achieve. One of my favorite posts, entitled, Is Blogging Addictive?, haunted me long after I remembered who wrote it. It continued to inspire me as I thought about the symptoms that I display more and more each day to my husband’s consternation.
This is one blog that doesn’t need a lot of photography and art to draw you in and hold your attention. This was her only media, and yet, her thoughts lasted in my mind for months. Like a good book, you won’t be able to put her tab down and move to another site or get up and do something in the real world (heaven forbid!).
As soon as I publish this post, I’m going over to her site to surprise her with the news that she’s MY Featured Blog.
Dianne Gray, author, new and dear friend, and one of my Featured Blogs, recommended my to Robin Coyle the other day. I was so honored, and I wondered who Robin was. Now I’m following Robin, too, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we became friends in the future. Thank you Dianne for recommending me. I hope my friend Daniela will feel as honored and surprised as I was. Yes, Daniela, to answer your question, Blogging IS Addictive!!!!
Do you have people you want to feature, but they are award-shy? Or you don’t have the right award to give them at the moment. I have my own criteria which you can read about on my new Featured Blog page. You have your ideas of what blogs draw you into their personal spidery web. Talk to me about it. You might even want to feature someone yourself, or send me a recommendation with a little explanation. Even though I designed a little seal to give people I feature, I’m still mulling this over in my mind.