The amazing Renee has nominated me for the Liebster Award. I say amazing because of her age and all the many accomplishments she has done in such a short time. So thanks Renee. Be sure to take a look at her site. In my last article about it I followed it backwards for a while several generations, found a fork, and then the fork came back together. I found out there are many icons for this award, so I’m going to use Renee’s this time. In this post I’m going to pay it forward.
Here’s how the Liebster Award works. This Liebster Award requires the award recipients to do the following:
- Thank and link back to the giver.
- Answer the giver’s questions.
- ‘Nominate’ five other blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
- Ask five questions for one’s nominees to answer.
- Post it all on one’s blog!
1. Where is your favorite place in the great outdoors and why?
Anywhere along the coast. I’ve been to both sides in the United States, and I haven’t found a single coastline I don’t love.
2. If you could have been born anywhere, and in any time in history, where and when would you choose, and why?
I love my life now. I think of my Grandfather and how proud he was of being able to have experienced such a tremendous change in technology – especially in transportation. Even though I enjoy travel, I love communication. In what time period has there ever been greater strides in the technology to be able to communicate that the last 50-60 years? Now we just need to learn or relearn the skills of communicating concern and care for others. I’m still working on that.
3. What are your top 4 favorite bands, and if you were to have an instrument that could talk and was your friend, what would your instrument be? Bad question for me. I don’t know bands. I listen to music as a background, and don’t pay enough attention to who’s doing it. I love the piano. My mom used to play. I play at it. If it could talk it might say, learn a new song, I’m tired of the only one you know.
4. If you could chose between being a shark or a horse, what would you be and why?
OK, I don’t see the joy of being a shark AT ALL. Horses run free with their manes flowing in the wind. They are fast, strong, beautiful, helpful, have dull teeth, eat out of your hand rather than eating your hand. Sharks may be beautiful, but you have to be in a scary place to enjoy them, or they have to be in a museum all caged up. The horse wins this race for me.
5. If you could be any movie character/ TV show character, what would you be and why?
My favorite movie star of all times is Shirley Temple. My mother and I used to watch all the old Shirley Temple movies together, so the times were special. I loved her hair, as an adult I read her autobiography and learned how difficult and disciplined her childhood was, and yet through it all she brought hope and happiness in a world wracked in depression, war and sorrow. She traveled the world, met the most important people, and seemed to retain her humility. She served appropriately for her training as an ambassador. I think she is one of the most amazing movie star of either sex – EVER. She is 84. I would be honored to have lived her life as gracefully as she lived it.
These are my questions.
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could spend a day with someone who wasn’t a family member or close friend, who would it be and what would you want to do and say?
- What is your best quality?
- What is the most daring or exotic thing you have done in your life?
- What book has influenced you the most?
Here are my nominees, although I don’t necessarily know how many followers they have, they are well on their way to becoming some of my favs!
- imalloversblog.wordpress.com - a brand new blog for anyone who enjoys animals.
- http://mixandmatchmeme.wordpress.com/ - blog with random thoughts – how could I not love that?
- http://mhdriver.wordpress.com/ - a guy who loves to travel in a motor home, and has been all over the place
- http://plainphotography.com/ - beautiful photographs, not plain at all!
- http://thatwritinglady.com/ a young teacher of writing, how could I not love her???