Thank you so much Seasonsgirl for nominating me for the Inspiring Blog Award. I didn’t know there were so many awards out there, nor did I ever expect being nominated for one. I am so honored that this blogging experiment of mine could be considered inspiring – funny in places, maybe, informative – hopefully, a great connecting experience for me – definitely. So thank you from the bottom of my inspired heart.
You can see from the pictures below why Seasonsgirl was nominated. She writes recipes, and many people besides me love to eat, and some of them even like to cook. But her website is more than that. She takes beautiful pictures at home and when she travels.
One of the things I love about blogging is that it takes me places I’ve never been before, and might never ever in a million years get to see. Unlike Einstein, I am not naturally curious, but I love people. So when I like someone and they are doing something or seeing something, my interest antennae pop out, and say LISTEN, LISTEN, LOOK MARSHA LEE here is something that you might like.
I had no idea what OPSAIL was so I had to look it up. And I didn’t know where in the world Half Moone was so I googled that as well. I hyperlinked them so if you are like me, you can check them out, too. Thanks Seasonsgirl and blogging friends for inspiring me and expanding my world.
The rules for receiving the Inspiring Blog Award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you -(see above)
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers that you admire or inspire you
4. Go leave a comment and let the people know you have nominated them.
My Seven things…
- I love people.
- I love to be alone from time to time, but not for too long.
- I love to travel.
- I love not to travel, and stay home.
- I love to be creative, though I’m more enthusiastic than creative.
- I love to get organized, though nothing stays that way for very long!
- I love to admire.
The nominations for the Inspiring Blog Award…
As a new blogger, I realize that accepting a nomination for an award takes a lot of time because you have to evaluate a website and not just slip in and out of it. For this Inspiring Blog Award you must differentiate between interesting, beautiful and inspiring. To inspire means to stimulate or excite your spirit. What inspires our spirits? I am inspired or excited when someone’s blog makes me want to go out and do what they are doing – and I assume that it will be something positive. If you inspire me to go out and wreck my car, then I’m not sure you should get an award. I also think that you have to be somewhat humble, or at least seem to be on the outside. My late husband was a minister, so I know how some of the best-intentioned folks in the world (me, for example) ruin their inspirational opportunities by their pride in doing good or giving advice to the less inspired. So I have to give this some thought and research. Like my friend Seasonsgirl, I tend to go back to the same people who I have mentioned before, but I am going to stretch myself to reach out to some new sites even though that takes a little more time.
- http://leannecolephotography.com/ This is a new site to me. She instructs people about editing her photos, and she responded to me when I asked a question. Thanks Leanne.
- http://smilesalot1969.wordpress.com/ Smiles A Lot just plain makes me laugh. Is laughing inspirational? I don’t know, but it makes you feel good.
- http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/ I like Bucket List Lesley’s site because she helps people accomplish what they would like to do in life. That reminds me of Extreme Makeover Home Edition. I bet her Bucket people are just blown away! She also comes back often and visits and comments on my site. That inspires me to write some more, and to make comments so that other people feel good about what they are doing.
- http://manipalphotoblog.wordpress.com/ Preetam Nath is only 18, yet he truly inspires me not just because he posts beautiful photographs, but that he posts other people’s work. In addition, he reaches out to others. He has written to me, invited me to Google+ and admired my photographs. Thanks so much Preetam. I hope you continue to inspire others for many years.
- http://travelagos.wordpress.com Lago comes to see my site from time to time, and I his. He has a great sense of humor, and is obsessed with many ordinary things. That inspires me to stop and enjoy the popcorn along the way that calls my name whenever I go to a movie, but I’m not obsessed????
- http://everywhereonce.com/ I like the looks of this site, but there’s more to this site than looks. Brian and Shannon are living, not only their dreams, but mine. They have some thoughtful things to say, and some beautiful photography.
- http://wphotoshopping.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/bleu-oudaya/ This person has some beautiful pictures, and is graphic designer. The website looks professional, and inspires me to keep pushing on.
- http://wheresmytbackandotherstories.wordpress.com/ Eva, a writer/photographer, has a great sense of humor, sees the beauty in family and simple things. She’s the kind of person you would want as a friend.
- http://hikingphoto.com/ This is a new site to me, and the pictures of Canada are amazingly gorgeous, and at times very funny. Even more so, Patrick Latter tells his experiences with a sense of humor. You will enjoy this site.
- http://suchthelike.com/ Amy Turner Taylor continues to inspire and impress me with her wonderful sense of color. She has a great eye. She doesn’t let her website get old and dull. I may get inspired to change my cover photo, however, I might lose my double meaning blog title. Decisions – the bane of inspiration.
- http://nyparrot.wordpress.com/ This site has some interesting stories from music to electric cars. I am not a car person, but my husband is, and his son is a motorcycle man. Between the two I have learned to enjoy the beauty of a car, and appreciate some of its qualities other than getting you somewhere. NYparrot has some amazing cars, and I am inspired to own one of them one day in the distant future.
- http://dogpatchwriterscollective.wordpress.com/ This is another new site to me, Jilanne Hoffman writes to writers. Since I want to be a writer when I grow up, I am interested to see what she has to say that might inspire me. The day I had the most viewers was the day I sat around wondering what in the world to write, and wrote about THAT. She wrote me back on that day.
- http://forestforward.com/ This Vermont photographer has some photos of glistening beauty. There is one photo, a young deer with sun shining through its ears, that is more adorable than Bambi. I think I’m inspired to visit Vermont and see some of these beautiful animals.
- http://amazingazaleas.wordpress.com/ The photographs on this site are amazing. I’m really inspired by the beautiful color of her background with her amazing azaleas at the top. Nothing matches the title better than hers. The azaleas are nothing less than amazing, but the rest of the photos are great too. Clouds are spectacular, buildings with reflections cause me to pause to show on my own photographic compositions.
- http://cristianmihai.net/ Cristian still intrigues and inspires me. One of these days I am inspired to self-publish a book or two now that I have read his tips about how to do it.
- The Inspiring Blog Award (check for your noms) (anauthorslife.com)